| Stat Altering and Regen |
19.10.2 < Offensive Artefacts Artefacts > 19.10.4
(see also HELP ARTEFACTS, HELP ARTEFACT TRADEINS, HELP ARTEFACT TRANSFERS)
Artefacts are special items that can be purchased only with Bound Credits.
Unless otherwise stated, artefacts can be purchased in Merentesh's series of
shops in Delos. They will reset into your inventory frequently, which means
they cannot be loaned out, or stolen(!), for very long. Some only work for the
owner. They never decay. They cannot be changed to reset to anyone else's
inventory, so do not buy artefacts of any kind if you intend to sell them.
Note About Stacking
Artefact effects (for similar artefacts) don't combine or stack. If you have,
say, a Collar of Ceylon and a Collar of Agatheis, then only one will boost
damage of a magical nature. If you have a Logosian Ring and a Mayan Ring, then
only one will increase the value of sipping a health elixir. In general, the
best item rules, but there may be exceptions. So don't count on having two
artefacts and somehow stacking their effects.
ACTIVE DEFENSIVE ABILITIES
Wand of Reflection: 800 credits Gold: 8,800,000 $168
- Causes reflections of yourself to appear. Most attacks made upon you
will hit and destroy a reflection, and all reflections must be
destroyed before you can be hit. Any aggressive moves by you will
destroy all your reflections. These wands are great for when you get
jumped, or when you're in battle and need a short breather to catch
up on healing afflictions.
- They can only be used once per Achaean day (once per hour), and give
you a handful of reflections each time.
Shackle of Garash: 600 credits Gold: 6,600,000 $126
- Wearing this shackle gives you the mass defence, so you never have to
worry about running out of mass salve mid-fight!
Lasallian Lyre: 500 credits Gold: 5,500,000 $105
- A magical lyre that allows you to summon a prismatic barrier around
you. This barrier stops most physical attacks. What you can do while
in one is severely limited. To use the lyre: STRUM LYRE (wielded or not).
Does not stop order, smoke bomb, incinerate, chill,
death aura, empress, soul rend, paroxysm, jack in the box,
body warp, chaos rays, unnamable, grave hands, piety,
banana peels, tentacles, holocaust globe, knife sigils,
rite of warding, gravity and tremors vibes, bloodworms,
untargetted beckon, and demon sear.
Destroyed by dragon blast, soulspear, and truename.
Stops trample, star tarot, entity attacks, darts trap, leprosy,
thornspray, yank, arc, spirit wrack, targetted beckon, all
bombs other than smoke, nearly all denizens, disruptive
harmonics, percussia, hailstorm, efreeti, tailsweep,
rite of demons, vibes (lullaby, creeps, dissipate, palpitation,
oscillate, energize, disorientation, plague, stridulation,
revelation, adduction, and dissonance), daegger hunt, and
Can do while in a prismatic barrier: check abilities, talk on city
or clan channels, submit a bug report, check the who list for clans
or cities, check and view config, check defences, virtually anything
having to do with messages (MSG READ, MSG SEND, MSG LIST, etc),
check world game or arena status, glance, read help, speak on house
channel, check house who, check inventory, use market or newbie
channel, check public news, use a party channel, embrace death, check
punishments, qq/quit, check rankings, read a log, say things,
check stat, check tattoos, send a tell, check recent tells, yell.
A Miniature Toolkit: 500 credits - trapmaster Gold: 5,500,000 $105
- Use the TRAPS command to view any traps that are armed in your room.
- Be able to attempt to disarm traps that are in your room with
DISARM TRAP <direction>.
- Disarm does have a chance to fail, if it fails, you will be hit by
the trap as if you moved through it. If you are successful, the
trap will be disarmed and you will receive any of the commodities
used when it was created.
- If you are of the Sentinel or Jester class, this item removes the
failure chance on disarming other people's traps!
(This extra effect only applies if you have learned the Disarm
ability in Woodlore/Pranks.)
Robes of the Magi: 1000 credits - reduce_mana Gold: 11,000,000 $210
- Cuts your mana usage by 1/3. This does not apply to every case
where you use mana, but almost all. Draining of mana by demons
or runes is not affected. Transmutation is also not affected.
Sash of Eternal Battle: 1000 credits - reduced_endurance Gold: 11,000,000 $210
- Much like the Robes of the Magi, this sash will reduce the endurance
cost of almost all endurance-using abilities by 1/3.
Buckawn's Boots OR Buckawn's Amulet: 800 credits - anti_web Gold: 8,800,000 $168
- Lets you avoid the web tattoo attack from players.
Also lets you avoid thrown or dropped web bombs, but not web
bombs that are in your hands when they detonate.
Shield of Absorption: 800 credits Gold: 8,800,000 $168
- Gives a 15% chance that a physical attack will be completely absorbed.
- Must be wielded.
- Stats on the shield are: 11% cutting, 11% Blunt.
- May be used by all classes except Blademasters.
- You may wield two if you wish, but it will be no more effective
than wielding one!
Ring of the Magus: 700 credits - magic_defense Gold: 7,700,000 $147
- Offers protection vs. magical damage. (Approximately 15% protection.)
The ring of the Magus reduces the type of damage called "magical."
Not "damage from a magical source" but "damage which is itself a
direct, magic damage." What sorts of things give magical type damage?
Palpitation and dissonance vibrations, evileye and curse bleed,
staffcast dissolution, certain denizen and entity attacks, decay,
warp, deathaura. The reduction works in precisely the same way as
a piece of physical armour. This means that, just like with physical
type attacks, some portion of magical type attacks is unreduced by
armour, and some portion is reduced. Example, a magical-type attack
is delivering 1000 damage: 500 of it would go through unaffected, and
500 would be reduced a certain percentage by the power of the Ring.
Prismatic ring: 600 credits - elemental_resistances Gold: 6,600,000 $126
- Imbued with all resistance enchantments (Cold, Magic, Fire, and
Electrical) on one ring. Enchantments will never fade from this item.
Bracelet of Sustenance: 550 credits - sustenance Gold: 6,050,000 $115.5
- Wear this bracelet and you'll never need to sleep or eat again.
(this acts exactly as though you were level 80+. It does not give
immunity to hunger attacks).
Mask of Lifevision: 500 credits - lifevision Gold: 5,500,000 $105
- Lets you use lifevision to see most hidden people. This does not
simply work by being worn. Rather, wearing it allows you to use
the ability 'lifevision.' This identifies some of those who may
be walking around as ghostly forms, defeats some illusions, and
reveals some forms of hiding or concealing of one's presence.
Mithril Spurs: 500 credits - quickmount Gold: 5,500,000 $105
- Same as the Chivalry ability Swiftmount.
- Regain balance more quickly while mounting a steed.
- If you have the vault ability in Riding you may use it with
no loss of balance.
Fishscale tunic: 400 credits - breathe_underwater Gold: 4,400,000 $84
- When worn, allows the owner of the tunic to move underwater without
drowning. In practical terms, functions like prickly pear.
Goggles of Whitesight: 150 credits - whitesight Gold: 1,650,000 $31.5
Spectacles of Whitesight: 150 credits - whitesight Gold: 1,650,000 $31.5
- Lets you see in blizzards. Affects multiple things, including
look, squint, glance, and examine, among others.
CONCEALMENT AND SECURITY
Veil of the Sphinx: 2000 credits - sphinx Gold: 22,000,000 $420
Hood of the Sphinx: 2000 credits - sphinx Gold: 22,000,000 $420
- Hides you from many mortal abilities that can pinpoint your location,
including spy, scent, view, sense, window, fullsense, angel presences,
demon presences, angel seek, allsight, falcon deliver, falcon track,
falcon follow, falcon seek, mind glance, mind sense, grove who,
grove look, grove eyes, forestwatch, foresttrack, mindnet, scry, farsee,
- Owning a Veil allows you to cut past the Veil defence of an opponent
when locating him. This will _generally_ only work for one-time abilities,
like 'sense', as opposed to abilities that trace someone on an on-going
basis, like angel trace or forest track.
- Mutual friends (HELP FRIENDS) will be able to see past the Veil defence
of each other.
- Does NOT hide you from abilities that do more than simply locate you,
such as Metamorphosis tracking.
- Does not remove you from qw/bw and organisational who-type lists.
- If you have any doubts about the effect of the Veil on a given ability,
ask before you buy!
Shadowcloak: 800 credits - shroud Gold: 8,800,000 $168
- A cloak that lets you use the necromancer shroud ability.
Deathmask: 750 credits Gold: 8,250,000 $157.5
- If the owner of the deathmask dons the mask and slays another
adventurer, the name of the owner will be concealed from those with
deathsight. A deathsight message will still occur, but the name of
the slayer will not be given.
Staff of Illusion: 500 credits - illusion(1) Gold: 5,500,000 $105
- Cast an illusion in your room. Takes a 2 second equilibrium.
(Allows use of CONJURE ILLUSION). Just having the staff is enough:
it is not needful to wield it.
- The maximum illusion length using the staff is 500 characters.
- You may specify one newline character in your illusion with the
character sequence \n
- The staff requires balance.
A Shar'ilian lightspire: 2000 credits - illusion(2) Gold: 22,000,000 $420
- The maximum length of illusions cast is 1000 characters.
- CONJURE ILLUSION <illusion> cast a basic illusion in your room.
- CONJURE COLOUR <colour id> ILLUSION <illusion> cast roomwide,
- You may specify one newline character in your illusion with
the character sequence \n
- The staff requires balance and consumes equilibrium.
The next functions of the lightspire require charges for use.
The staff will regenerate 4% charge every Achaean day,
capping out at 100.
(These numbers are subject to change as we observe use.)
The charge level is displayed upon PROBE.
- CONJURE AREA ILLUSION <illusion> cast an area wide illusion.
This will consume 50% charge.*
- CONJURE CONTINENT ILLUSION <illusion> cast a continent wide illusion.
This requires three mutually allied, lightspire owners with fully
charged staves, this will drain 100% charge from all three.*
* Colours cannot be applied to the area or continent wide illusions.
A glamour is a fantastical illusion that you can place in a room.
These are chosen from a list, rather like the basic hardcoded emotes.
It is intentional that these are takeable once dropped.
- GLAMOUR LIST See what glamours are available to cast.
- GLAMOUR CAST <glamour> Create a standard glamour. This costs 25% charge.
These glamours will have a lifespan of 3 Achaean months, these cannot
be customised in any way.
- GLAMOUR CAST SPECIAL <glamour> Create a glamour from the list with
1 month's lifespan, but once dropped this glamour is not-takeable.
Again, this cannot be customised in any way.
Upon purchasing a staff you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with a
glamour suggestion (appearance, dropped, and examined, all must refer
to the item as a glamour) and we will add it to the list (within reason).
Glamour suggestions can be public or private, mention which at the time
of suggestion, we won't change them after they're live.
- Public glamour submissions are free.
- Private glamour submissions cost 50 bound credits
- Regardless of type, the first glamour submission for a Lightspire
owner is always free.
Orb of Suppression: 500 credits - suppression Gold: 5,500,000 $105
- Hides most artefacts, including itself, from people examining you.
If an artefact isn't being hidden, notify Makarios. When the orb is
in your possession, it works for:
- remove/unwear - onlookers will not see you remove the item.
- house inventory - conceals worn and inventory but not wielded.
- appraise - conceals worn, wielded, and inventory items.
** Exceptions: for an extra 50 credits per artefact, you may Gold: 550,000 $10.5
** arrange things so that the artefact is NOT suppressed, and
** therefore will be visible even if you have an orb.
[Type MORE if you wish to continue reading. (72% shown)]
27:01:884 5783h, 4731m, 25390e, 20800w cexkdb-
[File continued via MORE]
Talisman of Obfuscation: 500 credits - conceal_illusions Gold: 5,500,000 $105
- Reduces the effectiveness of the lifevision defence by 33%.
Gem of Cloaking: 400 credits Gold: 4,400,000 $84
- Removes you from the who, clwho, and bw/qw lists.
- Removes you from the help city and house induction lists.
Note: This does not remove you from HWHO, or CWHO. Similarly, it
does not remove you from TRADEWHO for mutual allies, friends,
citymates, and housemates.
- Please examine the gem carefully. It can be activated and deactivated.
Examination of the gem should reveal the secret.
Anake's Hood: 400 credits - anti_spying Gold: 4,400,000 $84
- While you are wearing this stylish hood, you will be protected from
many attempts to eavesdrop on you via a special ability: grove watch,
mind listening, subterfuge and vodun/puppetry listen, angel/demon
Prismatic lantern: 350 credits - portal_identify Gold: 3,850,000 $73.5
- This lantern will allow its owner to see what room is on the other
side of a portal, and the name of the adventurer from whom the
portal originated. This includes sonicportals, grove portals,
grove gateways, and the fiery portals created by the Wand of
Portals artefact. To use this artefact, the owner merely has to
PROBE the portal with the lantern in his or her inventory.
Note: this does not show the contents of the room on the other
side of the portal, only the name of the room itself.
Incandescent sigil: 250 credits Gold: 2,750,000 $52.5
- This sigil is similar to a flame sigil in that it prevents the item it
is attached to from being picked up. However, the sigil owner will not
be prevented from picking up the item, and can detach the sigil at will.
- ATTACH <sigil> TO <item>
- DETACH <sigil> FROM <item>.
NOTE: This cannot be used in conjunction with a standard flame sigil.
NOTE: This does not prevent the effects of a mushroom sigil.
Serpentine keyring: 100 credits Gold: 1,100,000 $21
- For the owner of the keyring only, the enchanted serpent will allow
keys to be ATTACHed to it.
- The owner, and only the owner, may remove keys (using GET (key#)
Gilded Page: 100 credits. Gold: 1,100,000 $21
- Lets the owner reset their traits with the syntax READ PAGE.
- This page will self-destruct when read.
Grimoire of Adaptation: 1000 credits Gold: 11,000,000 $210
- Lets the owner reset their traits up to once an Achaean month
(once per rl day) with the syntax READ GRIMOIRE.
Grimoire of Hasty Adaptation: 2000 credits Gold: 22,000,000 $420
- An upgrade of its regular sibling, offering the same benefits of the
Grimoire of Adaptation with a shorter cooldown.
- Can be used once every 2 Achaean days (2 hours).
- Reduce the time between switching between multiclased classes,
- They incur a cooldown of 1 hour, 10 minutes, and 1 minute,
Shard of the lesser lorewarden: 350 credits Gold: 3,850,000 $73.5
1 hour cooldown - class_switch_reduction(1)
Chip of the lesser lorewarden: 800 credits Gold: 8,800,000 $168
10 minute cooldown - class_switch_reduction(2)
Stone of the lesser lorewarden: 1600 credits Gold: 17,600,000 $336
1 minute cooldown - class_switch_reduction(3)
Dagger of Reincarnation: 100 credits Gold: 1,100,000 $21
- Lets you reincarnate.
- SACRIFICE MYSELF once you have it, and then you may reincarnate in the
Flame as usual. This ignores soulcage and starburst and works even if
you have either of those up/active/etc.
- The dagger is destroyed upon sacrificing yourself.
- You can reincarnate to the same race to reset your racial
specialisation. If you have multiple classes, it will only reset the
current class slot's saved spec.
Gem of Transmutation: 1000 credits Gold: 11,000,000 $210
- Lets you change race up to once an Achaean month (once per rl day).
- Lets you reset your racial specialisation once an Achaean month
(once per rl day) in lieu of reincarnating. Syntax: RACE UNSPECIALISE.
- This artefact will not work for anyone but the owner.
Gem of Rapid Transmutation: 2000 credits Gold: 22,000,000 $420
- An upgrade of the Gem of Transmutation, offering the same benefits but
with a much shorter cooldown. Can be used once every 2 Achaean days
A Sailor's Decree: 1200 credits - remote_seafaring Gold: 13,200,000 $252
- With this item in your inventory, when you are on ship in harbour
or on land, you will be able to:
- SPECIALISE IN [DECKHAND/WEAPONS/COMMAND/WATCH/HELM].
- This does not work on ships at sea.
(see also HELP ARTEFACTS, HELP ARTEFACT TRADEINS, HELP ARTEFACT TRANSFERS)
| Stat Altering and Regen |
19.10.2 < Offensive Artefacts Artefacts > 19.10.4